Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Difference Between Violence and Nudity in Censorship

I am against censorship and am well aware that lets in the bad as well as the good. However, I'm used to tv/movies having to follow guidelines to get a specific rating. With tv shows, the content needs to be a certain way or else the show won't be allowed to air at all. What really is really odd about the censorship over here in the USA, though, is what isn't allowed and what gets censored harder.

Gore/violence is easy to get by the censors but sex/nudity isn't. This is sort of disturbing as nudity is natural and we shouldn't be able to look at a human head being chopped off easier than a naked body. And consensual sex is a loving act and yet we are able to view violence easier than that.

What the hell is up with censors?

While I was on imdb prepping myself up for my vlog review of The Strain episode "The Box", I came across this debate. What baffled me was that people that are fine with the US' stanch on censorship were calling the other side perverted and that the other side had to be males.

It's just...I'm not asking for more nudity and sex on tv because I'm a pervert, but because being more okay with violence than something peaceful/natural is beyond disturbing. Hopefully, one day, the US can break away from this train of thought.

And as for me being a male: Nope, I'm not a male. I'm a female.

No comments:

Post a Comment