Wednesday, May 4, 2011

National Day of Payer 2011

I am not religious but spiritual. Trust me, that does still mean I pray but in a different way than Christians. I do find that my connection to the spiritual world is important but I don't feel the need to push it on others. I also find it an extremely private matter (partially due to the fact that it isn't considered normal by most).

So when the National Day of Prayer (May 5th) comes along I pay no attention. I find a national holiday about prayer ignores the fact that the United States is not a Christian nation. What makes this worse is that some people equate not being Christian/religious to being a bad person. This is a very ignorant assumption to make.

I think they should get rid of this holiday since there is supposed to be a separation of Church and State. What about it being offensive to people? I don't care about that. What I do care about is that it's not useful nor is it really a national thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment