Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Green: Captured 3

Philips turned to me and walked over to me. The men that were walking with him just stood there. He put a hand on my shoulder and I felt the touch of a good friend.


"Matthias, call me Plague. It sounds less formal and we've known each other for a night. What happened to you? I didn't figure you for a criminal." Plague said.


"I was staying with someone and he attacked me. I ended up killing him." I replied.


Plague grimaced. "Was there no other way? Couldn't you have just knocked him out and gotten away?"


"I wasn't thinking. I just didn't want him to ever hurt me again."


"The first killing is always the one that goes wrong." Plague said. "You had a reason for killing. It wasn't done out of bloodlust."


I could tell that Plague was rationalizing and that he knew what he said wasn't right. Besides, what could Plague do to get me out from jail? He was just a civilian that was probably visiting someone in jail.


"Give me two hours and I'm sure I'll be able to convince them to let you out of here and into my care." He told me and then the guards took me to my cell.


I just sat there waiting for what seemed like days. What would living with Plague be like? Would he betray me like Thomas did? I didn't want to have to kill Plague, but I might have to if he attacked me. Had Plague been lying to me earlier just to make me feel better? I was used to being trapped and treated poorly, but there had been a little charm living in the laboratory. Maybe not a first, but there had been some charm later.


My cell door opened and Plague stepped through the door. "Are you ready to leave?" He asked. "I can get you a different pair of clothes later."


I got off my bed and looked at him. "How did you free me?" I asked him.


"I didn't free you, I put you under my care. I was a CIA agent before. The police here know that and respect my opinion." He said. "They know that I can handle you."


I nodded and followed him out. It sent relief through my body to know that I was somewhat free. I would have to stay with Plague out of thanks to him.


Plague opened the passenger door for me and shut it behind me. It was a thoughtful action but I thought there might be another motive behind it. I was probably thinking about that too deeply, though. And if there was another motive behind it, I didn't mind.


We drove a few hours until we got to a motel. Plague was a wanderer, just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment