Friday, May 13, 2011

Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki: Another Viewpoint 3

I had been searching for Katashi for at least a week now. Every day was the same. I'd search for a few hours, eat, sleep, and then repeat. It was pretty boring and the only exciting thing was changing my form. The sun was setting and I was both tired and disappointed. I was in the form of an eagle and I was scanning the landscape for any sign of Katashi. Katashi's image was one that Hijunaki had given me, though I hadn't known it at the time. I had been too distracted by images of Hijunaki's Palace.


Looking down I saw a human. Flying down towards him I saw that it was Katashi. I landed in the tree and just watched. The excitement of finally being able to rest was at its peak, but I was interested in what Katashi was really like. He looked up at me and shook his head.


"So suspicious these days." He told me. "I thought you were going to kill me. But Hijunaki hasn't sent anyone out to kill me yet. Or else he hasn't been able to find me. Either way, I'm still alive."


Katashi interested me for some reason. The reason probably was the fact that he thought he was going to die, but didn't care. That was very admirable.


"You know what me and Hijunaki don't share the same opinion on? That one should give up this idea of love and just go for sex. It might not be as deep as love, but it doesn't have the same chance of heartbreak." Katashi said.


That struck me to my core. If I hadn't loved Sajoki, she couldn't have hurt me. If I had only looked at her for entertainment, then I wouldn't be sad now. I flew down from the tree and shifted into my human form.


"So this is it, is it?" Katashi asked and laughed.


"Not at the moment." I replied. "I am interested in your philosophy."


"What philosophy?" Katashi asked. "All I like to do is have fun with women. Even a creature such as you should know about the fun of womankind."


"I have had…fun with a woman before." I wasn't going to admit to him that I had loved her and was now mourning her death.


"I assume it didn't turn out well." Katashi said. "You have heard all of my 'philosophy' so now you can kill me. Hijunaki did tell you to do that."


I nodded to him and found that I couldn't kill him. The deaths of Sajoki and Tamui were too fresh in my mind. I also couldn't stand having to kill such a strong spirit.


"Do you have room for a partner?" I asked him.

No comments:

Post a Comment