Monday, May 16, 2011

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (2009)

There is funny and then there is: WTF did I just watch? This combines the two.

Title: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Director: Phil Lord and Chris Miller

Starring: Anna Faris, Bill Hader, and Bruce Campbell

Rated: PG

Released: 2009

Rating: 5/5

Basic Plot: Flint Lockwood is an unsuccessful scientist who finally makes an invention that makes food rain down from the sky. The only problem is that something goes wrong and he has to save the world.

The Graphics
The graphics are very cartoony which adds to the feel of the movie. It helps give the movie a very playful atmosphere. The characters all look good and give off a very childlike charm in their design.

WTF is Going On
I will admit this isn't the most WTF movie I have ever seen, but I can assure you that somethings will never make sense to you. But, in fact, that is why I like it. There is a plot that ties everything together. There are some scenes, though, that you can watch and it'll make as much sense as watching it out of context. While an incoherent plot is never good, this movie manages to pull of the WTF parts very well.

The Father Sending an E-Mail
To me, this is the funniest scene in the entire movie. It's the part where the Father has to send Flint a file from his computer to his phone. I can just see my parents in the same exact situation. Even when I was very depressed (this was upon my full viewing of the film) I couldn't help but smile and chuckle during this scene.

Final Thoughts
For someone that wants their movies to be explained, this is not the movie for you. For those that want to feel like kids again, this is the movie for you. It has a good Father and Son storyline as well as a good romance. Also, there's a talking monkey! Do I really need to say more after that?

No comments:

Post a Comment