Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Hangover (2009)

I am glad to have seen this movie.


Title: The Hangover

Director: Todd Phillips

Starring: Zach Galifianakis, Bradley Cooper, and Justin Bartha

Rated: R

Released: 2009

Rating: 5/5

Basic Plot: A group of friends go to Las Vegas for a bachelor party. They end up waking up and can't remember what happened.

Very Funny
This movie is a comedy and it is actually very funny. Most of the humor derives from the fact that the friends don't remember what happened but are still affected by their decisions the night before. My favorite line comes from when they go to the hospital to try and find Doug.

Mike Tyson
His scenes were good. Especially when he goes to hit Alan. That blow was very realistic and shows that Tyson still has it in him. In real life, Mike Tyson owns seven tigers.

Crude Humor
The humor in this movie is very crude (hence the R rating). I would not recommend seeing this was a mixed crowd. Some people may find this movie too crude and therefore think it's a bad movie. This being in Vegas there are hookers, drugs, drinking, and sexual references (as well as someone being tasered in the balls).

Final Thoughts
I didn't see this movie when it first came out so I was left in the dark when people talked about it. One of my Dad's friends saw it and hated it. The friend didn't like the humor at all. She was surprised that someone could like a movie like The Hangover. I, personally, like the movie because I found it funny. I found it to also to be well acted and fun. Comedy is a very hard genre to deal with because it's hard to nail down what funny is. However, The Hangover satisfied my version of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment