Tuesday, May 10, 2011

S&N: The Change 3

The battle was still raging and I felt myself fading. Then I felt myself being dragged by familiar hands. I turned to look at the person and it was Samara. It took her a few seconds, but she managed to drag me behind a boulder.


Samara left me for a second, most likely to see how much time she had left with me, and then came back.


"You come here often?" I asked.


"Naz, how long do you think you can hold on?" She asked and held my body in her arms.


"I don't feel bad, Sam." I replied. "I feel so good now. But I think we should put a rain check on me getting those drinks."


"Yes." Samara said and a tear rolled down her check. I touched it.


"I'll be better soon." I lied to comfort her.


She shook her head. "Your wounds are too severe for you to survive. But we must move quickly."


I tried to stand up but couldn't. It felt like I was trying to climb a mountain. "I'll just hold you up." I told her. "I wouldn't want the love of my life to die with me."


"I can make it with you."


"No you can't. I'll protect you as you escape. I can still do that." Truth be told, though, I didn't think I'd last three more minutes.


A small smile started to cross her face as. "Yeah." She said. "I'll come back for your body, I promise."


I looked up at her and noticed my eyesight starting to go. I went up to kiss her and she returned it. It was so very tender because I was weak. This would be the last time we'd be together unless there was an afterlife.


The time we first met came to me. How I had been recently accepted into Karma and Samara didn't think I would be able to fight. But we had fought so well together and I had proved myself to Samara. Later she had accepted me for more than my fighting ability.


We stopped kissing but held our lips together. My eyesight went away and all was black and I was removed from any type of pain. I was beyond calm.


I opened my eyes and the world looked different. The world, for now, being a room.

No comments:

Post a Comment