Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Writing Sex Scenes

As you can see with Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki: Enslaved 3, I don't really do sex scenes. In fact, when I wrote that chapter it was only when writing that I realized my mistake in putting that in the chapter. You might be thinking that I don't like sex scenes at all, but you'd be wrong.

In my opinion, two things can save a crummy movie: sex or explosions. If your movie is crummy and has either of the two, it might be bearable. I will also roleplay sex scenes in detail. Will I sacrifice plot for sex in those instances? Well, roleplaying is when I have fun and don't focus too much on the details.

So if I don't mind sex scenes: why don't I write them in my literature? When I write I do things at the bare minimum. That is to say that if it doesn't add to the plot in some way, shape, or form I don't write it. Sex scenes are usually never a reason to stop your story because they don't add to the plot.

The 'sex scene' in SST: Enslaved 3 gets the bare essentials done while not taking up too much space. Of course the scene is awkward, but I had to balance my policy of no sex scenes (which has been in place ever since I started writing) with getting this scene done.

No comments:

Post a Comment