Monday, March 21, 2011

The Sorority: Eve (Tamara Thorne)

I want to get this out of the way: I like b-movies.

Series: The Sorority

Title: Eve

Author: Tamara Thorne

Released: 2003

Rating: 3/5

Basic Plot: Eve joins a Sorority that is evil.

An Evil Sorority
While I might not have been in a sorority or had that much interest in one, I highly doubt that they were evil. But that was the whole reason I picked up the book. I saw that it involved a sorority with a Satanic cult and thought that sounded so stupid that I had to read the book. Did the evil sorority work in the universe of the book? Nope, it was still stupid.

Eve
The main character, Eve, is a cheerleader, wants to join a sorority to continue her cheer leading career, and is a virgin. It is also obvious that she is very simple minded and naive. That's really all there is to the character. Is she a good character? She doesn't have much of a personality and her whole point in the book is to die (which she does).

Sexuality
There is a ton of sexuality in this book. From a Professor that uses his tongue for sex to a guy who got a gigantic dick and ended up effing his wife to death. The sex in this book was more humorous to me than actually erotic.

Horror Elements
There are horror elements here which makes the book a little fun in that area. The sorority house is haunted by a ghost of a girl that was a sorority sister and there is a spirit called the Green Knight. While it isn't really all that scary, it is still enjoyable for some of the horror elements.

Final Thoughts
This book is the first in a trilogy and I am actually interested to see how it all will end. It was not a good book, but it was enjoyable. I knew what I was getting into when I picked up the book and I wasn't disappointed in that regard. However, if you are looking for a well written book, or don't like reading crappy books, then you should stay away from this book. But, if you want a fun book, I'd suggest getting this book from your library and reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment