Thursday, March 17, 2011

Not Donating to Japan

Japan has suffered a devastating catastrophe. A lot of people have died and there are probably more that are going to because of the problem at the nuclear power plant. I admire Japan for their food, art, and mythology. But I'm not going to donate because of this disaster.

Now I can see some of you starting to yell hypocrite at me. If I cared so much about Japan why don't I donate? You think that I'm just giving lip service and nothing else. You think I don't care about Japan now. But did you think to ask why I won't be donating.

I'll tell you why: I don't have a job or income. If I could donate I would. I have about $100 to my name. I will be applying for SSI a little later.

I am making this blog post in response to some blogs I've seen where people are angry that people who admire Japan aren't donating. Maybe some are like me and just can't at the moment. The economy in the USA right now is hard. Some people have it pretty good while others have to save money.

I hope Japan recovers, but sadly I can't help in its recovery.

1 comment: