Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Green: First Attack 1

I walked in the desert for hours worrying that my death would be out here. The noonday, at least that was my assumption, sun attacked my back as I trudged along. Makija had left me with no water or food to nourish myself with. There was nothing for me to do but go along the road and hope that there would be a way for me to refresh myself.


Finally, when I thought I should just give up and lie on the side of the road for the vultures to get me, a car stopped by me. As the window on the passenger side went down, I saw that it was a lady.


"You need a ride?" She asked.


While getting a ride somewhere would help, it could probably get me killed. But, really, I was already dead. "Yes." I replied and got in.


"I can take you to the nearest motel," She replied. "But you'll have to go from there."


I nodded and fell asleep until the car stopped. As I got out I told the woman, "Thanks for the ride."


"Thanks for not being a rapist." She told me and drove off.


Looking at the motel I could tell that it hadn't seen that good of business as of late. It wasn't falling down, but it was getting there. Since I didn't have a room, or money for one, I started knocking on people's doors. I got mostly bad reactions but putting up with that was a must since I didn't have any money.


After knocking on a door, a boyish looking man opened it. One could tell the man was in his thirties but there was still something innocent looking about him. He leaned against the door and asked, "What do you want?"


"I'm Matthias and I'm looking for a room." I said.


"Go to the front desk, they'll help you with that."


"I would but I'm out of money. My parents kicked me out and I have nothing." The man looked at me suspiciously and let me in. He must have decided that I didn't look dangerous.


"I'm letting you in now," He told me. "But I expect something back later."


I got a cup and then went to get some water out of the sink. Drinking the water felt wonderful. After drinking a few glasses, I turned to the man and asked, "What's your name?"


"Philips Noir." Philips said.


We spent a few hours talking together and we ate sandwiches for lunch. It was very peaceful and I liked the change of food. Real food tasted much better than laboratory food.


At sunset Philips looked at me. "Tomorrow there'll be a bus. You're welcome to stay the night." He said. "But you'll have to sleep on the floor." He looked a tad bit saddened at the prospect. I think, if I would have lived with him longer, he would have become a dear friend of mine.


"Thank you." I said and slept soundly on the floor. Philips was kind enough to get a pillow and some sheets for me to use. It was my first night out and it felt a little odd. The room was darker than I was used to. But I did manage to get to sleep.


When I woke up, Philips looked hurried and was packing up. "I'll give you some money for the bus." He said. After he finished packing he handed me some money. It was enough for the bus.


I went out of the room and decided to walk around to explore the area. After ten minutes of exploring, I saw a little bit of paper. Picking it up I saw that it was advertising a drug called Gralg. It was a wonder drug for people with mental disabilities.


"Hey, give me that!" An angry man said from behind me.


Quickly hiding the ad I asked, "Give you what?"


"The bottle." He said and started patting me down, trying to find his bottle. After not finding it he shoved me away. I went to the bus stop.


After waiting a little bit the bus came. After paying the price, I sat down in my seat thinking about Gralg.
------------------
Collect/Favorite it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment