Sunday, January 29, 2017

Crossing the Divide 34

"Rin Kaari, I'm glad you are well." Daenerys said as Yara stood beside her. "You were able to resist torture and keep me safe. To keep my armies safe."

I remembered seeing her at the Raqus estate and how she had hugged me. Her smile had been so kind and her presence pleasant. Now her words were formal as this was a meeting and so had to uphold her status as a queen. Her words also carried with them a change that I didn't like. An arrogance that went beyond her usual air.

"I do not mind making sacrifices for you." I told her, my crown seeming to weigh more heavily than normal. "I am glad you have arrived here."

"Bend the knee so I can take my rightful place." Daenerys said.

"We have to talk first. There are things that need to be discussed."

My former queen's face twisted and I saw the rage. It was there and then it wasn't. It was as if she had transformed into a dragon for merely a moment. Yara smiled at me and I wondered if she wanted me dead. Jorah and myself would lessen the Grejoy's control of the Targaryen. She could have used the Targaryen hatred for the Kaari to control Daenerys. I also wondered if I was even expected to leave this meeting alive.

"What is there to discuss?" Daenerys demanded. "You took the throne for me."

"I took the throne because others demanded I do so." I told her. "If I denied them then they would be without a ruler for a little while. I didn't take the throne for anyone but I was hoping that it would make the transition to your rule easier."

"So give me what is mine. I have already paid for it in fire and blood."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Daenerys Targaryen Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment