Saturday, January 28, 2017

Crossing the Divide 33

The zombie crouched and waited a moment. Then its long limbs propelled its body through the air. My weapon and the Mormonts' bullets didn't do much damage. Blood poured out of its body but it didn't mind. It had prey and didn't care about pain any longer. It took only a few seconds for the zombie to reach the doomed man. The Mormonts' face twisted in fear and he could only yell out as one of the gods of death came for him. The zombie opened its mouth and bit the man's face. Instead of eating its prey, it merely flung the head against a wall.

"S***." Chris said and all of us prepared for an attack.

"Form a wall." I said, standing in front of my men. "It will attack us and we will win. Aim at a joint or the head, whatever you have a clearer shot of. Don't try and impress me, just kill it."

The zombie turned towards us, moving on the ground like a demented wolf. It let out a yell as it seemed to be confused who to attack. This gave me hope as it might not be able to tell the difference between all of us. As close as me and the other Mormonts were together, it could see us as one thing. Yet part of its mind would see us as individuals. It would grow more than confused. Maybe that was how it worked or maybe it wasn't. I would assume nothing for now.

Finally it made its move. Letting the full range of dragon senses consume me, I watched as if in slow motion as the zombie ran at one of the Rasiki. Watching out for gunfire, I sliced hard at one of its arms. It fell down hard and I twisted my body to avoid colliding into it. A few bullets went through my hair and passed mere inches from my skin. I took notice of these incidents but let my main focus be on the creature itself. It might only have three limbs to use now, but it was not deterred from its new prey.

I was easily able to avoid it when it tried to use its good arm to hit me. It became unbalanced and fell which gave my men time enough to get in a few good shots. Blood poured onto me and the zombie died. Chris landed the killing blow with a headshot that made its head explode in a cloud of green gas. I watched to make sure that the creature was dead before turning to my men. A good majority of them had smiles on their faces as they thought the danger was passed.

"Wesker wouldn't send this zombie here if it could be killed so easily." I told them. "Any part of it might be able to infect others and now that we have a rogue AI, things could get a lot worse."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Chris Redfield Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment