Saturday, January 21, 2017

Crossing the Divide 30

"Azor Ahai..." I whispered into my husband's ear.

"You know the rest of the prophecy?" Jorah asked sadly. "The great warrior Azor Ahai could only make Lightbringer by killing Nissa Nissa, his wife. I am Azor Ahai reborn and you are my wife. If the prophecy is to be believed then I will kill you."

"Nissa Nissa was someone close to Azor Ahai. If the prophecy is to be believed that level of intimacy needn't be romantic, but platonic. The love for a family member can be greater than the love of a wife. There is nothing wrong with this and it can be true in certain instances."

"Right now there is no one I love more in the world than you. There is no one that can match the same devotion. We must accept things as they are, Rin."

"I am. I know what I am to you and there is someone you care for more than me. Someone that changed you into the man worthy of the title Azor Ahai and wielder of the sword Lightbringer. Someone that brought you out of the dark and into the light. Someone that you risked everything for just to be back in their service again. You need to serve them just as much as you need to breathe. You need to serve them so much that you won't want to kill them. That killing them would mean that they have changed too much. The gods love toying with us mortals and would find it funny that Daenerys Targaryen is Nissa Nissa."

Jorah's expression grew sadder and I got off of him so that he could stand up. He looked defeated and in his eyes I could see the war going on in his head. I didn't want to believe that Daenerys had gone mad as I had changed so much for her. True I had started my friendship with her because of my need to help and the fact she was dear to Jorah. I had to remain close to my husband so I had to remain close to Daenerys. Jorah and Daenerys were intertwined for me. A thing I did for one of them, I did for the other.

"You're right." Jorah admitted. "I care for her as if she were my daughter and for a parent to kill their child...I won't do that. The old gods can play their games, I will have none of it."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Jorah Mormont Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment