Monday, January 16, 2017

Crossing the Divide 29

"How long has this been going on, Gandalf?" I asked the AI.

"The Mormonts at Raqus Base have been very satisfied with my performance." Gandalf replied while still avoiding giving an actual answer. "I think you will also be appreciative at what I have done."

"That remains to be seen."

"We...we were going to tell you." The Mormonts pushing me said, his voice shaking. "It's just that you are difficult to con-"

"You were afraid at what I would say." I corrected him. "You were afraid that I would tell you no. Making these decisions without the Kaari could be endangering all we have worked for. I didn't know I was risking my unborn child's life with an AI that has modifications that the Council hasn't looked at yet."

I saw Alex tense up. I was all he had to live for now and I could die. Eve could die. If Gandalf wasn't as well functioning as the Mormonts said it was terrible things could happen. I didn't like AIs due to their hard to read nature but others had a more foolish reason to fear them. It seems human authors in the Nightmare had liked to write about a 'robot rebellion'. Stories from those people typically showed humans, for good or ill, creating robots and then being destroyed by their creations. If that were to happen here I would kill everyone who had made it possible. Though if I could handle the Gandalf situation with finesse it was possible to stop anything horrible from happening.

"Put more humans on guard duty to start with." I said to all those around me. "I will not leave this facility until humans are doing the majority of the work around here."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment