Sunday, January 22, 2017

Crossing the Divide 31

"Do you ever think about staying on Earth?" Alex asked. "Do you ever think about staying with me?"

"The known world is where I grew up." I replied sadly. "I was born there and I learned so many things there. I have friends there and people I consider family. But sometimes I do think about staying with you. I want to see how humanity rebuilds after all it has gone through. To see the strength of men not in despair but in a state of hope. I don't want to leave you or Eve."

"Then stay with me. Stay with us."

"If I do that then I will give up Jorah Mormont and Jeor Kaari. I will give up the life I have built over there. Here I could go at any time as the Council is there in case anything happens. In Westeros now things are more complicated. Daenerys Targaryen has succumbed to madness, at least from what people have said, though Jorah hopes that once she arrives in King's Landing she will become sane once again."

"Does it matter who rules? Leave the Iron Throne to her. Let her burn Westeros to the ground. It won't matter if you stay here."

I wanted to laugh and cry at my husband's words. He had a point that if I left the world I grew up in it wouldn't matter what happened afterwards. If people lived or died I would not be to blame. It wouldn't be certain if my staying could save certain people. Even though Alex had somewhat sound logic, it went against what I believed. I would leave the Nightmare at some point and yet I was doing all I could to bring humanity back. I was doing all I could to cure the t-virus and create a society that would flourish. If I followed Alex's sound logic I would've left the Nightmare when he had dissected Franc. We wouldn't have had Eve.

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment