Saturday, July 11, 2015

Visiting the Hatchlings (Birchurawkp's Journal)

I flew to the Auction House with Miasma, my little personal sitter, and my Gladewalker Cape got in the way. I'll have to practice flying in it so it doesn't cause so many problems.

So why do I have to have a sitter with me when I go to the Auction House? Because no one in the clan wants me to get another random hatchling like I did Entropy. I don't blame them, but she is...a strong hatchling with promise.

I know many of my fellow clanmates have the wrong idea of what I think about Entropy. They think I love her and that is just not true. Not true at all. I know there are many kinds of love and the one they are talking about is platonic. A type of love that seems to have the same importance as romantic love to a lot of dragons.

I do not feel platonic love as love of any kind does not make sense. Instead of love I feel strong loyalty towards certain dragons. Entropy just happens to be one of the dragons I feel the strongest loyalty towards. I hope to train her well so that she will make a fine servant of the Shadowbinder.

Though I will deny feeling any kind of love, I admit I doubt myself at times. With Entropy I feel something strange so I have to constantly remind myself about the insanity of platonic love and the pure logic of loyalty.

Now was not the time to think of Entropy, now was the time to think about the hatchlings that had been rejected from Seitou's Clan. The dragons that were accepted into the clan were allowed in because of their genetics and personality. Some, like Erasmus, are only kept for breeding purposes. Entropy will be given to the Shadowbinder's service once she has performed coitus with another dragon and produced eggs for the clan.

Those that are rejected by the clan aren't just tossed to the wayside or sold like some common slaves. Seitou and Kaliforna decided, from the advice of the first hatchlings of the clan, that the rejected should become indentured servants. This would allow them, then, to have a place to live and not have to spend years in the wilderness. At least they would have time to learn and grow before deciding what to do next.

However, those that are rejected also have the possibility of serving the Shadowbinder. Seitou was wise in that he decided that the hatchlings had a week to get picked by another clan before coming back and being trained to serve the Shadow Flight's deity.

Miasma and myself were visiting the hatchlings that were doing their week. We were making sure that they were being treated well and collecting any payments from a clan that had bought one or more of them.

I couldn't wait until I didn't need a sitter when going to the Auction House. Hopefully Seitou will forgive me soon.

As always, feel free to comment any questions to me below. I'll answer them in the future when I have time.

Birchurawkp's Journal's Table of Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment