Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Season 2)

Show: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Season: 2

Episodes: 22

Created By: Joss Whedon

Released: 2014-2015

Rating: 5/6

Basic Plot: The missions of the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.
------------------------------------------------------------

The Inhumans
A major thing this season was exploring the Inhumans. As many of you probably already know, Inhumans are a way for the MCU to be able to use mutants without calling them such. Disney (who runs the MCU) doesn't have the rights to use mutants.

Grant Ward
Ward was revealed to be a Hydra agent last season and this season he doesn't have a redemption arc. I never really bought into the whole Skye and Ward relationship so I like that they keep the characters separate. I also like that Skye doesn't forgive Ward or have any lingering feelings over the traitor. Also, Skye shooting Ward in that one episode was just awesome. If you've seen the season, you probably know what I'm talking about.

Simmons Evolves
When we first met Simmons she was highly shy. She was also beyond bad at lying and a moral character. This season pushes her and she adapts. I was beyond happy to see this change. She had been through Hell in the first season and I'm glad it affects her here.

Final Thoughts
This was a great follow up to the first season. Characters change and evolve. You learn more about certain characters which makes your viewpoints on them shift. I liked Calvin before this season but this season allowed me to see him in a whole new light which was beyond amazing. Coulson gets to let out some zingers while being the director of S.H.I.E.L.D. None of the tie-ins to movies this time around seem to be as much of a letdown as the one for Thor: The Dark World.

No comments:

Post a Comment