Friday, July 24, 2015

Supernatural (Season 10)

Show: Supernatural

Season: 10

Episodes: 23

Created By: Eric Kripke

Released: 2014-2015

Rating: 3.5/6

Basic Plot: Two brothers follow their father's footsteps as "hunters" fighting evil supernatural beings of many kinds including monsters, demons, and gods that roam the earth.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave Bobby Alone
Bobby comes back for another episode. I like the character but...he has been through so much that he deserves a pleasant after life. He spent his life looking after the Winchesters and he deserves to let the 'idjits' make their own mistakes without him.

Rowena is Awesome
We find out who Crowley's mother is and she is...she is a villain I love to hate. She is cool. calm, collected, suave, and ready to kick ass. Plus her voice is intoxicating. By the end of the Season it looks like she might still be a major player come next season.

The 200th Episode
This one was good.  There was a cover of 'Carry on my Wayward Son' as well as all the title cards so far being shown. There were jabs thrown at Destiel that were good. I am a Destiel shipper but I know that the love of that ship isn't shared by everyone, including cast and crew of the show. It also briefly showed Chuck and I really hope he returns next season.

Final Thoughts
This show does seem like it has run its course and the only reason for it to exist now is solely to make money. However, when I look at cash grabs I always look to see if I'm having a good time. If I am I don't mind the reason, if I'm not then I get angry. I am really hoping that the cliffhanger at the very end of the season leads somewhere. I didn't get excited over the end of last season as I figured things would be solved relatively quickly come this Season. But with what the show has introduced...the subject matter must be treated with the utmost respect for it to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment