Monday, July 6, 2015

Accepting Entropy (Seitou's Journal)

Sometimes being the leader is easy. Curling up with Kaliforna by her nest of eggs tonight was one of those times. I had gotten her a Venomscale Tail Guard and she had been twitching her tail to show it off yesterday. Her nest of eggs didn't have any of me in them, this time she had bred with Herbie to see what would happen.

I didn't mind that they didn't have any of me in them, as the leader I should accept that my mate would be bred with others for the glory of the clan and the Shadowbinder. Though part of me was uneasy.

It was at this perfect moment that a Tengu, my true familiar,  came rushing towards the nest just laughing. Herbie turned his head, he had been guarding while me and my mate had slept, to the noise and we were all greeted to an extraordinary sight.

Birchurawkp was walking towards me with a hatchling. This hatchling wasn't one of ours, none of the eggs in the two nests had hatched, and so this was another dragon's child they were carrying. My frantic mind came to the simple conclusion that Birch had bought the hatchling at the Auction House. So there was no angry mother about to attack us.

The hatchling was a girl Fae dragon and her eyes were green which indicated that she was born of the Wind Flight. She was making childish sounds that weren't of any language here on Sornieth.

What was even stranger was the fact that Birch had a look of pleasure on their face. Usually Birch was very stoic and, to everyone but Herbie, seemed to have no emotion except the simple joy in learning things. But now Birch's face seemed to be showing...love? An emotion they claimed to find no use for.

But there they were, holding the hatchling like it was the most precious thing on the planet.

When I finally asked what was going on, as buying a new dragon hadn't been sanctioned by me, Birch said that they had come up with a new idea for the clan. That they thought buying random hatchlings from the Auction House would allow us to get information on different genes and breeds faster than how we were currently doing it. Birch also suggested waiting until they bred the dragons and then exalting them.

They claimed that this would allow us to make sure the blood in my clan never ran stale. If one of the offspring from one of these random dragons was accepted into the clan, of course.

Looking at Birch I wanted to say no. This was an insult to me for them not to consult me first.

But then I saw how they looked at the hatchling and knew there had really been no real reason why they had bought the hatchling. Birch was experiencing a form of love and not realizing it. I didn't know how to explain that to them, so I agreed that I would train the hatchling so that she could serve the Shadowbinder.

I named her Entropy and sent the pair on their way.

Going back to sleep with Kaliforna, I decided to leave the decision to breed Entropy as well as how to deal with Birch until later.

As always, feel free to comment any questions to me below. I'll answer them in the future when I have time.

Sietou's Journal's Table of Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment