Friday, July 17, 2015

The Following (Season 3)

Show: The Following

Season: 3

Episodes: 15

Created By: Kevin Williamson

Released: 2015

Rating: 3.5/6

Basic Plot: Joe Carrol is on death row and new dangers await Ryan Hardy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Killer Finale 
At the start of this season I didn't care if the show got renewed or not. It's a good show, just not one I would be sad about if it ended. But then the finale happened and I had a great need to see what happened next. Things introduced in the final few episodes left a mystery open that now will never be solved.

An Annoying Sub-Plot
I know people complain that the stalker boyfriend plot wasn't concluded correctly, but I was just glad it was over. It was a sub-plot that could've been easily solved and so the drama just felt beyond tiring. This was, by far, my least favorite part of this season.

The Awesomeness that is Theo
Theo turns out to be the most dangerous enemy Ryan has yet faced. I agree with those who say that it's good that the character wasn't introduced earlier as he is very powerful. Too powerful to be a good enemy for long as things would get worn down. The good guys have to make headway and with an enemy like Theo that is hard to do.

Final Thoughts
This might not have been the most intellectual show, but it was entertaining. I liked tuning in every week to see where the characters were. First season I adored because there was so much death and anyone could die, by this season that wasn't the case. But there were still interesting plot threads. For fans of the show, you should see how the series ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment