Saturday, July 25, 2015

Another Mate (Miasma's Journal)

For the past two hours I had been sparring with Jash. She was one of the newest members of the clan. As an assassin she was used to attacking unsuspecting victims. Sometimes the person wouldn't know they were being attacked until a few moments before they died.

My attacks were better for an outright attack as I was used to attacking people who know they were being attack. I was honorable so I won most of our fights.

But sometimes Jash managed to use her ability to distract to win a fight here or there. It was odd, at times, to imagine that she had been born in the Light Flight.

The fight with my new clanmate helped distract me from my current impatience. I had been all set up to breed with Herbie. Did I like him in a romantic sense? No. But maybe my offspring would have gotten some of his psychic abilities. And a soldier with psychic abilities would be a great asset for the Shadowbinder.

Why wasn't I breeding with him? Simply put: we were too closely related.

I think the dragon who showed the most embarrassment at the incident was Birchurawkp. They were the newly appointed head of the Breeding Programs. They talked something about it being odd if a dragon performed 'coitus' with a dragon who was too closely related. Then they had gone on about the dangers of inbreeding...but I had tuned out once the words had become too big.

I am competent with words, but I find it silly to use big words when small words will do just as good.

Birch had eventually gotten to saying that this was an embarrassment that wouldn't happen again. My theory was that they had gotten worried about Entropy who had mated for the first time. Though the Wildclaw would never admit to feeling any form of love, including one of a parent for their adopted child.

My next breeding partner, who has been confirmed not to be too closely related to me, is PaulMuadDib. He can fight when he wants to, but prefers to be diplomatic when he can. I don't know how to think of fighting with words as they can be just as manipulative as what an assassin does. Is it too close or is it completely different?

And in his long running attempt to make allies from the Beastclans he hasn't had much time to spend with the rest of the clan. Though he has had time to breed with Metis and finally produce an offspring for a breeding project.

The offspring's name is Raven and she is...odd to say the least. She is a little too kind-hearted than a usual dragon born of the Shadow Flight. Maybe once she went to serve the Shadowbinder she would start acting rationally.

Jash and I finally decided to take a break. Both of us had gotten too tired and both of us had our duties. Mine to protect the clan and her...to be a coward in the shadows.

Did the Shadowbinder prefer her to me? I hoped not.

As always, feel free to comment any questions to me below. I'll answer them in the future when I have time.

Miasma's Journal's Table of Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment