Thursday, March 26, 2015

Noah's Death

Now I don't tend to cry during tv shows or yell out during emotional scenes. I like to be quiet, especially if there are other people around me. I don't know why, that's just the way I am. But Noah's death...that was just...wow. I am still reeling from it and I've had time to quiet down.

In my vlog review of the episode where Noah died I mentioned some of my reaction, but hopefully with this post I can more clearly define my feelings of it.

When Noah first appears we see him at the hospital. I think I connected with him because of Beth. Plus the fact that he was one of the few trustworthy guys in that place. No, scratch that, he was the only trustworthy person in the place.
I was beyond happy when he became part of the group as I liked seeing more of him. I hoped to spend many seasons with him. Seeing him learn and grow. And it isn't like minorities on The Walking Dead don't last long all the time. Glenn has been there since the first episode (the voice on the radio, but he made his first physical appearance on the show in the second episode). Michonne has also been on the show since the finale of season two (though Danai Guria only started playing Michonne in the season 3 premiere).

But Noah didn't get to shine for too long. He died rather quickly.

I blame Noah's death on  Nicholas. If not for Nicholas, Glenn and Noah wouldn't have been stuck in the revolving doors. Glenn had stated that they needed to have an exit strategy in case something went wrong. But the Alexandrians didn't pay that any mind. Why would they have a back up plan if the mission was going to be easy?

Rick's group has a 'leave no man behind' policy while the Alexandrians have a 'save your own skin' policy.

So when there was a chance for Nicholas to escape, he took it. Never mind that Glenn's plan would involve having Nicholas help turn the doors just enough for the other two to escape. Nicholas, Glenn, and Noah would've all survived.
But Nicholas was a coward and left Noah to die. And when Nicholas got back to Alexandria...he tossed the people who saved him under the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment