Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Don't Talk to Me: The Gay Agenda

Well welcome back to everyone's favorite series. Possibly favorite series? Anyways...this series is where I complain about specific words and phrases that annoy me. These are the words and phrases where if we're having a debate and you use them, I will start ignoring you.

Now I may agree with the overall side of some of the words and phrases covered in this series, today not being a case of one, but not agree with the words and phrases themselves.

Today we're going to talk about The Gay Agenda.

What does it mean?

That the LGBTQ+ community is trying to make everyone like them and/or have society accept people in the LGBTQ+ community.

Why do I hate it?

Okay, let me start out that I had to look up "the gay agenda" a few places to accurately describe it. Urban Dictionary was particularly great with homphobes defining the phrase, a conservative wikipedia proclaiming it to be the biggest threat to the US, and wikipedia was more neutral. It's just hard to describe it without going off on a rant on why it is offensive.

And I do find it extremely offensive as it is the same sort of phrase to describe some cheesey super villain group. I feel like I should be seeking world domination whenever anyone utters the phrase. Heck, I need a good outfit to fight the evil heterosexuals!

So when people use this phrase they're demeaning a whole group of people to make them appear less than human. To make a whole group of people look demonic in nature.

It doesn't seem enough for some people to say that they disagree, some people just have to have the LGBTQ+ community be up to something sinister. Not everything you don't like is a whole conspiracy, sometimes things are just bad. Like Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.

What I Would Replace it With: Fearmongering

Why is that better?

The whole point of the phrase 'The Gay Agenda' is to instill fear about a problem that doesn't exist. The LGBTQ+ community isn't trying to turn people gay, for fuck's sake. There isn't a problem with a group of people fighting to get equal rights, nor is there a problem with people being treated like humans. You can loathe me all you like for being bisexual, but you can't make me live by your belief system when I'm not causing a problem.

Fearmongering describes what is meant by the phrase 'The Gay Agenda' perfectly.

What's up Next?

That's for me to know and for you to find out later. But please feel free to comment with what words and phrases you want me to tackle in the future. If I end up refusing one of your suggestions that merely means I find no problem with the word or phrase.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of Don't Talk to Me

No comments:

Post a Comment