Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Quotes from Animorphs Megamorphs #1 The Andalite's Gift

While I am now using more quotes in my Animorphs Re-Read and each chapter I cover has a quote from the chapter at the start of talking about that chapter, there are a lot of good Animorphs quotes. Too many to fit comfortably in a Re-Read.

So below are some gems from the seventh chapter, narrated by Tobias, from the first Megamorphs book!
=========
I have seen a lot of strange things since that first evening when we walked through the construction site where the Andalite prince had landed his damaged fighter.
=========
I’ve gotten so I can deal with being what I am now. I’ve accepted the fact that I am no longer completely human. But I’m not completely a hawk, either.
=========
A thermal is an updraft of warm air. You spread your wings and it lifts you up like an elevator. Once you’re up, you can just float there forever. You barely have to flap your wings.
=========
Neither of them really understood how dangerous it is to be a mouse, walking openly across a suburban lawn in broad daylight.

I mean, you might as well just tie raw steaks to your legs and go for a walk with a wolf pack. Hawks kill mice. Cats kill mice. And let me tell you something: Two groups of animals you don’t want chasing you are hawks and cats.
========
Still, watching the party made me a little sad. The people seemed to be having a good time.
========
Hawks don’t get together and have parties.
========
Down below, I saw Marco chasing some girl. Good grief, I thought. Why am I not
surprised?
========
It swirled like a compact tornado. I was fascinated because wind is very important to me. Wind is life and death to me sometimes.
========
It was like watching a garbage disposal grind up a carrot.

No comments:

Post a Comment