Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I Have Found A Cassie

I just got back from seeing Guardians of the Galaxy and boy was that an awesome ride. Don't worry, my written review of that will be up in a few days. I would do a First Thoughts video on it but I have enough vlogs on my to-do list.

On tumblr people like to do AUs of The Avengers and Animorphs. For a long time I could never figure out who to put Cassie as. Many put Cassie as Bruce/The Hulk because she's kind and can be surprisingly aggressive at times. While those characteristics of the two are similar, I have already explained HERE why Tobias is the perfect fit for Bruce Banner/The Hulk.

So I was usually left with putting Cassie as Pepper Potts since she really is part of The Avengers with how much Tony Stark probably tells her.

But when I saw Guardians of the Galaxy I found a much better match for Cassie.
I found a better match for Cassie in Groot. Like Cassie he seems peaceful and innocent upon first meeting him (you first meet him when he's drinking from a water fountain and gets reprimanded by his partner Rocket), but you find out he's not afraid to fight if need be. He is willing to fight for his friends and to protect his friends.

Throughout the majority of the movie you see his kind side over his ferocious side. So it fits Cassie by being seen as peaceful the majority of the time (healing team members and even giving a little gift to a child), but will fight viciously if need be.

I won't say what happens to him during the finale as I still consider it a spoiler at this time, but suffice it to say it's a move Cassie would do.

And finally: Groot is a tree. One of Cassie's nicknames is "tree hugger". How much more of a tree hugger can you be if you're a tree and can just hug yourself?
To get some other comparisons to other Animorphs to Guardians of the Galaxy members I'll be listing the basics and won't be going into detail. I will also be listing who I compare them to in The Avengers but won't give an explanation. Finally, I won't be listing Animorphs that I didn't find a comparison to in the movie (and somethings I won't talk about because of spoilers). This is all to save time.

Marco is Rocket. Like Marco, Rocket has a sense of humor and is the big joker of the group, even willing to play a prank while trying to escape from a high security prison. Also like Marco, Rocket is the most reluctant member to join the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Ax is Drax. Like Ax, Drax's sense of humor isn't like the rest of the group's. Though Drax doesn't have a real sense of humor unlike Ax who has a dry sense of humor.

Rachel Berenson is Gamora. Like Rachel, Gamora is a fighter. She has a stigma attached to how much damage she has caused in the past. Though she appears beyond redemption to those who don't know her, she is more than willing to do what's right. Even if she dies in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment