Monday, August 11, 2014

Divergent at the 2014 Teen Choice Awards

I am a fan of the Divergent novels. My favorite being Insurgent and least favorite being Allegiant. Now I don't hate that book because of the ending as I wasn't bothered by a certain event at the end of the Animorphs series, a book series that Roth is also a fan of. I don't like the final novel in the trilogy due to how much weaker it feels compared to the other two novels in the trilogy.

I was pleased by the movie adaptation of the first book in the series. I admit I don't follow the Teen Choice Awards (mainly because I'm not in the age demographic) but I was interested if it won anything in those awards this year.

It won the Choice Movie: Action award. This had it beating another YA adaptation: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. I haven't read any of The Mortal Instruments books and the only thing that interests me in the adaptation is Lena Headey's performance.

Theo James won the Choice Movie Actor: Action for his role as Four/Tobias in Divergent. James beat out people such as Mark Wahlberg (Lone Survivor) and Tom Cruise (Edge of Tomorrow). Of course this is probably helped by the age demographic for these awards.

Shailene Woodley won the Choice Movie Actress: Action for her role as Beatrice "Tris" Prior in Divergent. Woodley beat out people such as Emily Blunt (Edge of Tomorrow) and Angelina Jolie (Maleficent). Good going, Woodley! I haven't seen either Edge of Tomorrow or Maleficent yet so I can't judge Blunt's or Jolie's performances in those movies.

Ansel Elgort won the Choice Movie Breakout Star for his performances in both Divergent and The Fault in Our Stars. He beat fellow co-star Theo James which is really funny to me for some reason. He also beat out Elizabeth Olsen who was in Godzilla and will be in Avengers 2: Age of Ultron.

So congrats to Divergent!

No comments:

Post a Comment