Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Eternal Heart: Demon in the Shell 2

After a few days I was finally let down. Unfortunately it wasn't to admit that I was innocent and a member of the Resistance. Instead I was put into a cell. I was constantly guarded by an ever changing number of guards. The most I had seen were four guards.

Sometimes I was given food, but most of the time I wasn't. It was like I was less than human. This continued on for weeks until I thought it would never end until I died. And, if I died, I wished I could see John Connor before I did.

That wish was answered when the door opened. I was prepared to eat whatever came through the door. What stepped through the door was John Connor and I just sat where I was. By his expression I realized that he had made a difficult decision. Whatever the decision was, I knew it wouldn't be good for me.

John shut the door and stood there. He looked me in the eyes and I could tell it was hard for him. "Jash, I've decided what to do with you." He finally said.

"What?" I asked and leaned forward.

"You're a danger to the Resistance. It's not safe enough for you to live."

"If it's not safe enough for me to live, why are you here?" I asked and stood up. "And what do you mean a danger to the Resistance? I've done nothing but help the Resistance? True, I was brainwashed a good majority of the time, but I will always have my loyalty."

"Are you sure the loyalty wasn't just part of the brainwashing?" John asked.

"No." I said and thought about it for a few seconds. "My loyalty is buried so deep that it has to be a part of me. I can't imagine it ever being taken from me."

I didn't tell him, but my loyalty was originally just for the Resistance and now some of it was for him. I didn't know why. I had never been a believer in love at first sight. But maybe there was something to the saying?

As I thought this I could tell that John was going through his own decisions. Finally he said, "I don't think you have to die. Your hybrid model, I believe, can survive without a chip." He started to open the door and looked at me with pity in his eyes. "If not, we will bury you. I promise."

As he left my cell and closed the door I yelled out, "I'm not metal! I'm not metal! I'm not metal!"
----------------------------------
The Eternal Heart Blog aka The Wars Against Skynet

No comments:

Post a Comment