Saturday, August 25, 2012

Falling Skies (Season 2)

Show: Falling Skies

Season: 2

Episodes: 10

Created By: Robert Rodat

Released: 2012

Rating: 5/5

Basic Plot: Survivors of an alien attack on earth gather together to fight for their lives and fight back.

Adopt one today!

Way Better Than Season 1
Don't get me wrong, Season 1 was good. But the way this season went made me love the show even more. The end of Season 1 was the only time I was begging for more. But the end of each of this season's episodes made me want to see what happened next more and more. Congratulations on everyone who made this season awesome!

New Weapons from the Aliens
One of the cool things from this season was the fact we got to see more alien weapons. They end up using biological weapons the majority of the time. At the finale Hal is being controlled by one of their weapons (given to him by getting kissed by Karen).

The Evil Karen
Karen becomes evil this season and I love it. I love her being so evil. I didn't have any real interest in her character before, but once she became evil she was awesome. She seems like she'll be back badder than ever for next season. For that, we thank you.

Final Thoughts
I know this show doesn't have the best graphics, but it more than makes up for it in story. I was glad to see Anne and Tom getting together. Them having a baby? Hopefully that will be dealt with well. My only problem with this show is that it only has ten episodes a season. Making each season very short and me having to wait a year to see what happens next! Oh, and do you people think the new aliens are good or evil?

Adopt one today!

2 comments:

  1. Season two of Falling Skies was so much better than the first season! I was absolutely tickled when they showed the little lizard crawl out of Hal’s eye and into his ear, followed by an evil grin from him. It made me think that he’s really going to show Maggie “how dark he can be.” I saved the entire second season to my Hopper since the hard drive is huge, so I have plenty of room to record stuff all year. I plan to have a little marathon because I enjoyed it so much. I like the idea of an evil Hal, but I’m not sure how I feel about evil Karen. One of my co-workers at Dish, who’s also been following the show, pointed out something that I didn’t think twice about: why isn’t Karen getting scaly like the other harnessed kids? I was thinking maybe because she’s linked with the fish head guy, but who knows. I hope they reveal all of this and that the new aliens are good in the sense that they’re going to get rid of the fish heads. I think it would be a delicious twist if then the new aliens turn on the humans after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good plot hole you pointed out :)

      And good luck with the marathon!

      Delete