Saturday, August 4, 2012

S&N: Forever Vigilant 5

I went through different options on how to get Rob to tell me his way to hamper The Net. I was under no delusion that Netty could ever be truly stopped. The organization was too powerful to stay down. Plus, human nature could not be hampered. One way or another there would be a quest for power that would end with Netty being in charge.


But what about Rob? He seemed to be a lonely man. Looking at him closer I couldn't see him being demeaned because he was a nerd. Those who liked men couldn't help but grow interested in him. I was relying on infiltration programming for this as I had no interest in men. None at all.


Giving sex would be overkill. Plus it would open up too many questions. Especially by Sam. So I decided on a different option.


"Are you busy tonight?" I asked Rob.


His face brightened. I didn't feel bad about lying. It was all part of serving Karma. All part of stopping The Net.


The door opened and I thought that Samara had returned. However, the footsteps were wrong. And, as I turned, I saw a woman with a different look than normal.


Glau was walking through the door with a pure Machine grace to her. Her face was no longer happy or innocent. Any human expression was long gone from her face. I quickly went in front of Rob who was trying to look more at Glau.


I should've guessed. I should've known. I shouldn't have taken any feelings of human love and given it to her.


"Glau, stop." I said, hoping that it really did love me. That something I said would make it stop.


But what I knew as Glau didn't stop. Instead the Machine aimed a kick at me that I took full in the abdomen. I grabbed her leg and used her own momentum to swing her into the wall. The wall bent inwards.


As Glau got up, my systems reported she was an M-3. She was a Machine with both Machine and human programming. Except, she had never been human. Thus making her different from me, an M-4.


Glau took out a gun and shot at me. I reminded myself that she didn't really have human emotions and so I allowed myself to go into attack mode. The next few minutes were filled with punches, kicks, and gunshots.


Once I came to again I turned to see Rob Saymes dead. His blood littered the floor and I knew I hadn't killed him. Or at least it wasn't my fault. Glau had fooled me into having feelings for it and then forgetting to protect a human life. My programming would have to be checked out later.


Luckily the few nanoseconds didn't stop me from looking for Glau. I saw her and ran after her. She tried to get away but I tracked her. I had improvements from its model. She couldn't stop me from finding her.


But once I went outside the building I couldn't find her. I put all my sensors to their best abilities and I finally found her. Unfortunately I found her driving quickly away on a motorcycle.


The screams inside the Spa didn't bother me. I could run and hide. What mattered was that I had let the enemy escape.
--------------------------
S&N Blog aka Karma HQ

No comments:

Post a Comment