Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki: After the Fall 2

"Why do you stay with me?" Yomosa asked, rolling over in the bed.


I shifted to a no form and then shifted back into my main human male form. She laughed and I tried to bring a smile to my face. Truth was that I loved her more than I had ever loved Sajoki. But I had never told her that.


"Why does it matter?" I replied. It didn't matter since I would protect her either way. She knew I would so why did I have to say it.


"Because I want to know if I should keep following you around." She said. "Sort of useless to do if you're just going to abandon me."


"I would never abandon you." I said.


"I know. You risked your life for me."


"I just don't see another option." I replied and then looked at the rising sun. "Looks like we should break our fast now."


Our breakfast was simple and I enjoyed it. However, I missed the feeling of blood going down my cheeks. I missed the feeling of just meat, even if it was cooked. The village had animals, of course, but they saved the meat for special occasions. And two travelers stopping by didn't count as a special occasion.


After we ate our breakfast, we went to a field. The sun was shinning down on us and I looked up at it. Suddenly I felt a foot hit my ribs.


"Ow!" I yelled out and grabbed Yomosa's foot so she fell to the ground.


Being graceful she got up quickly. I decided to play fair and stay in my male human form. This didn't help her much as I had lived for millenia. All things being fair, though, she did a good job at fighting me.


Normally the fight would be done in a few seconds, but I let it go on for awhile. Partially because I liked seeing her fight and partially because she was just that good.


Finally I attempted to block her and failed. We both allowed ourselves to fall to the ground with her in my arms.
---------------------------------------
Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki Blog aka World of Rig

Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment