Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki: After the Fall 1

It had been a few days since I had killed Hijunaki. Killed my own creator. It could've brought me nightmares if I had thought about it for a little bit. The reason I hadn't thought that much about it was the woman riding me now.


I was in my Shika Deer form and she was on my back. I was tired and couldn't wait until we arrived somewhere I could rest. The problem with this form was that I didn't feel free. I couldn't jump up and fly to save time. No, I could only run.


I huffed and Yomosa, the lovely woman on my back, scratched behind my ear.


"Don't worry, Rig, we'll be there soon." She said in her calming voice. That voice, as well as her scratching behind my ear, calmed me down. Now I remembered the reason for taking her with me. I had feelings for her. Were they feelings of love? I didn't want to go down that path. Not now.


I was Rig Katashi and I had found something worth living for.


After a few hours of hearing Yomosa's voice I saw a farming village. She quickly jumped off and I shifted into my main human form. As soon as I shifted forms I stretched to test out the limbs of my current form.


"Tell me again why I had to shift into a different form before we reached this village." I complained as soon as I finished stretching.


"Because you said you didn't want to arouse suspicion." Yomosa replied.


"And why did I have to change at all?"


She walked over to me and gave me a kiss. "Because you love me."


We shared a smile and I wished I could admit to what she had just said. We then turned back to looking at the village.


"You haven't lived among humans that much, have you?" She asked.


I shook my head. "Not since Sajoki and Tamui."


Yomosa gave me a smile and that gave me the strength to go into the village.


It was frightening going into the village since these people were humans. Yomosa was human but, again, I had feelings for her. I couldn't say the same thing about the others.


"Where are you people from?" One man asked me after we had asked for a room.


"Around." I replied. "I can't say much more than that. We've been on the run and it's better that you not know more than that."


The man smiled, sensing my lie. "As long as you don't bring trouble we don't mind."


"We'll be gone as soon as we can." I replied and could tell that he was happy for the news. This was a small village and so his reaction was normal. I could tell that Yomosa was slightly insulted, though.


After a few minutes he brought Yomosa and I to a small room. "Thank you." I said and bowed.


"Just keep that promise." The man said and bowed down higher than he needed to.


As soon as he left Yomosa kissed me.


"So we're on the run now?" She said and laughed.


"I thought it was a good excuse." I replied and we let ourselves go. Letting our bodies intertwine in which ways they wanted to.
-----------------------------------------
Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki Blog aka Companion to Rig's World

No comments:

Post a Comment