Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Eternal Heart: First Interlude

The memory of John Connor's look at me took over. I forgot every unimportant detail. The fact that he was dead and that I was giving my life story to my fellow comrades. Comrades that, in one timeline, I had been the leader of.

None of that mattered. Why the hell would it? There were people in your life that you could never forget no matter what actually happened. John was my anchor and right now he was doing his anchoring. Even if that was being done beyond the grave.

A sudden cough and all the unimportant details took over me. I turned to see who was the bastard who forced me back into reality. And, of course, it had to be Marty. Turning to look at him I stared. What he had done had been horrible but should I blame him?

I had blamed Sarah Connor for something less and had done far worse. The look in his eyes offered me comfort even when I didn't want them to. In a few seconds I regained the resentment and anger. The bastard wouldn't make me feel if I didn't want to.

I went over the crowd recalling what we had just gone through. Some of them were cute and some I could have feelings for. Especially Lillith who had stood by me for much longer than any sane person would. When I looked at her, her return look was anything but sane. Sitting by her was Tin-Miss whose unemotional face still showed anger.

Tin-Miss, who really had the name of Cameron, was a loyal comrade which was the only reason she was now walking. Well, the only reason I allowed her to walk. That and a part of my history wouldn't allow me to kill her again.

I gathered myself together and looked for the drugged feeling again. Suddenly I was in a room full of idiots and I was the grand jester. There was the person who had killed John, the one who had taken the orders, and the one that had blood lust to make a vampire jealous.

A slight smile returned to my face and I was able to face the crowd once again.

"I know that all those seated here know the end result of this tale." I said. "And that some of these details might seem tedious to you. But it is better that you know what really happened than just rumors. I know there are some juicy rumors that you'd all like to believe."

I leaned forward and smiled and some of my Followers smirked. "But not all of them are true. Now, let's continue my amazing and true story."
------------------------------------
The Eternal Heart Blog aka The Wars Against Skynet

No comments:

Post a Comment