Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Eternal Heart: Demon in the Shell 1

The darkness receded and I thought I heard noises. Gravity was pulling down on me and I realized I must be hanging somewhere. I was hanging by my wrists and ankles. I must have been captured by the Terminators that had attacked 'Ol Jack Camp. Unfortunately, my muscles weren't cooperating which meant I had been hanging for awhile.

My eyes opened further but my vision was blurred. I could now tell that I was above a pit, whether it was metal or dirt I couldn't tell, and there were human-like blurs in front of me. I tried to scream but what came out could only be described as a gasp.

What had really happened? Were these people Greys? If they were, then I was going to have a hell of time getting out. One of the human-like blurs came in front of me and I tried to stare at him angrily.

I heard a woman call him John Connor. The John Connor? Leader of the Resistance? I continued to look at him as my vision cleared. And, when it fully cleared I did a real gasp. He was like an angel. All he was missing were a halo and wings. Screw the harp, his body looked like it could make music on its own.

I had to reel myself back in when I realized he thought that I was the enemy. Because, if he didn't, I wouldn't be hanging here.

"Who are you?" John asked angrily. His voice matched his body.

"Jash." I replied and there was silence. After a few seconds both my vision and hearing were back to normal.

"Where were you made?"

"Made? I was born." I replied. I was human. I was born not made.

"Then who was your mother?" He asked and I was stumped.

"I don't know. Does it really matter? I fight Skynet now and my life before doesn't matter."

"A person would remember who their mother was."

"What if I'm not just an ordinary girl?" I said softly to him. I tried to take as much anger out of my voice as I could. He didn't deserve it. He was only doing his job.

"Maybe you aren't." John said and walked away.

I had just met an angel and he wanted to drag me to Hell. My only hope was a man. The man asked a woman, "Have you ever seen Connor go lightly on metal before?"

I wasn't metal, but the first part was true. John didn't hate me.
------------------------------
The Eternal Heart Blog aka The Wars Against Skynet

No comments:

Post a Comment