Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki: For Love 4

Things were very odd the next few days. No one had known what to do once I had killed Hijunaki. Hell, I didn't know what to do. The only reason I could stay somewhat stable was Yomosa. I hadn't realized before how much I truly needed her.


The first creations to go were those that could fly. Finally they could explore the world as they saw fit. Those that could fly always seemed to be the most open minded. But they needed to be able to explore to be that kind of being.


The next to go were the carnivores who had eaten the defenseless to begin with. They needed to fill their stomachs with vast amounts of meat. Hijunaki had used them to fight each other.


Once the carnivores had left, more beings came out of the stonework. The saddest moment I had was saying goodbye to Jirou. I knew that he had to go and couldn't stay with me. We both were going separate ways.


And what was I doing now? Packing up what I could. Not a lot, I didn't need that much.


"You going?" Yomosa asked.


"Yeah, I can't stay here." I replied. "It's been my prison for millenia. Bad memories."


"What about me?"


I turned to her and had to wait a little while for her question to sink in.


"What about you?" I replied. "Do you really want to travel with the obake that killed your husband and kidnapped you."


"No." She said softly and I cringed. "I want to travel with the obake that risked his life to save mine."


Now my shape turned into a non-form. But when Yomosa came closer to me I shifted back to my main human form.

"I have changed." I whispered to myself and she nodded. "Well, I guess you can come with me. Until you want to leave me for someone of your own kind."


"What if I don't want to?" She asked and leaned in to kiss me. I answered her with my own lips. The only sound were the rest of the beings leaving.
-----------------
Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki Blog aka Companion to Rig's World

Rig Katashi's tumblr

My CafePress Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment