Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki: For Love 2

"Rig Katashi, are you sure about this?" Jirou asked me. "You hardly know this woman. Hell, she's a human."


"I know what she is." I replied to him. I couldn't say it to his face, though. "I know I won't be getting anything out of this."


"Especially when you're dead."


"At least I'll still be able to talk to you."


"That's not how it works."


"So you saying you'll miss me?" I asked with a smirk. Though I still wasn't able to look him in the eyes.


Jirou crossed his arms. "This isn't a laughing matter, Rig." He complained.


"You're not the one going to die, Jirou." I said. "You know that I need to do at least one good deed."


"Not like this. Not now."


I put a hand on Jirou's shoulder. His human mouth was able to show human sadness. Though a human's and a half-breed's emotions were slightly different. "You care for me? Even when I've given you shit in the past before?" I asked.


"Yeah." Jirou said and he walked off before he could show me his tears.


As he walked off I remembered Katashi. He was right that loving someone could cause problems. In my case, it wasn't just a heart break but a breaking of my whole body. Jirou had a point: was someone I just met worth my life. Of course, there was no other option to keep her alive. But why did it have to be me?


Looking at a raven flying by I realized why. Because I was the one who captured her. I was the one who had put her in this situation. I didn't like it, but I had to. I suddenly realized where my human feet had taken me. To my room where Yomosa was lying on my bed.


I just looked at her and she at me. She smiled as did I.


"Thank you, Rig Katashi." Yomosa said and her voice was like sunlight after a storm.


"You don't deserve what has been done to you." I replied and then thought about what I had just said. "What I have done to you."

Yomosa got off the bed and put one of her hands on my human face. "If you fight for me, you will have paid your debt."


I looked into her eyes. "If I die, you'll die."


"Then I guess I know what you'll have to do." She said and smiled. After that there were hours of pure physical euphoria for both of us.
---------------------------
Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki Blog aka Companion to Rig's World

No comments:

Post a Comment