Sunday, June 10, 2012

Prometheus (2012)

Title: Prometheus

Series: Alien

Director: Ridley Scott

Starring: Noomi Rapace, Logan Marshall-Green, and Michael Fassbender

Rated: R

Released: 2012

Personal Rating: 4.5/5

revrezner's rating: 10/10

Oscars: N/A

Basic Plot: A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

The Xenomorphs
There isn't a real xenomorph until the final scene in the movie. And, even then, it's not a xenomorph like we know it. However, I was jumping up in joy when it came on screen. Two others are face hungers: the dick with wings (you'll understand if you've seen the movie) and the giant squid. Finally there is some black stuff that can infect you. They aren't the classics but they are nice to see on screen.

The C-Section Scene
If you are squeamish make sure you can't scream during this part. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)'s rape scene has nothing on this scene. I had to hold back screams and I probably permanently injured revrezner's arm. Elizabeth Shaw performs a c-section on herself to get the giant squid face hugger out of herself. After that scene I yelled out (in a mostly full theater), "God, that was gross!"

David
I love robots, especially evil ones! T-1000, call me! So I enjoyed seeing the character of David (played by Michael Fassbender). He was human while being entirely not human. As evil robots go, he's a decent addition.

Final Thoughts
This is a good movie and I don't understand the hate it gets. To me, it's a decent horror movie (leaving all the juicy action bits until the end). Science fiction wise it does a good job weaving an alien story with one all too human. Science fiction, to me, is dealing with the mundane in an innovative way. I would highly suggest you see this movie, if only to see the C-Section scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment