Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011)

Title: A Game of Shadows

Series: Sherlock Holmes

Director: Guy Ritchie

Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, and Jared Harris

Rated: PG-13

Released: 2011

Personal Rating: 4/5

revrezner's rating: N/A

Oscars: None

Basic Plot: Sherlock Holmes and his sidekick Dr. Watson join forces to outwit and bring down their fiercest adversary, Professor Moriarty.

Homo-eroticism
For those of you who ship Sherlock Holmes and Watson: you will LOVE the train scene. It's like the people weren't even trying. They gave up to the people who ship the main pair. Also to add to the homo eroticism is the fact that the wife isn't shown throughout the majority of the film. Hell, Sherlock pushes her out of the train!

Jared Harris, no!
Once I saw him as the main villain I knew he would die. Anyone who knows their Sherlock Holmes would guess Harris' character would die. I should've waited to see this movie. I recovered from him dying in Fringe. Now I am recovering from him committing suicide on Mad Men. So seeing him die now isn't helping me at all.

Noomi Rapace
The original Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is good in this movie. It was great seeing her in Prometheus and again in this movie. If I had to decide between those two movies: she is hotter in this one (plus, no c-section scene!).

Final Thoughts
This is awesome. Is it better or worse than the original? Four Names: Robert Downey Jr., Jared Harris, Jude Law, and Noomi Rapace. I rest my case. I don't know what the case is, but I rested the hell out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment