Friday, June 1, 2012

The Eternal Heart: Eyes Opened 4

"Hurry up, Jash." Jesse Flores commanded me. I hurried up and packed the rest of my supplies. It was odd taking orders from a woman I had considered my enemy. That I had considered a Grey. But I had been the Grey. Though that hadn't been my fault.

"Don't mind her." Riley Dawson said and helped me pack. There had been a few days of being questioned by the pair, but they had ruled me safe. The only problem being that I had been brainwashed.

"I'll try not to." I sighed and took a better look at Jesse. Riley was lucky to be tapping that. I couldn't since, even though I wasn't metal, Jesse couldn't imagine ourselves in each other. Shaking my head, I wondered why I had thought that. I hadn't had sexual thoughts before. I would say I was growing up, but I was already twenty-three. Hormones would've already taken effect.

"You going to turn on us?" Jesse asked and looked at me, preparing herself to shoot me.

"No, I need to get to the real Resistance." I said. "I need to see if I can really help out as much as I thought I was before."

After a few more minutes of checking, we were off. Being with the Resi-Skynet. It was Skynet that I had fought for. Skynet never made it this hard to go from place to place. I thought war was hard. Now I was bored. And after the second day, Jesse and Riley told me to shut up until I came up with some good jokes. In my defense, I hadn't had much practice.

Finally, to the relief of both me and the other two, we came upon a Resistance Camp. Unlike Base 42, this Resistance Camp was made up of broken buildings. I assumed that there were at least a few rooms underground.

I grew nervous as we approached the guards. I didn't know why, but every inch of me told me to run away because something bad would happen. I scratched my head as I tried to figure out why.

I took my hand away from my head as Jesse said who we all were. Leaving out that I had been a Grey.

"Where are the dogs?" I asked one of the guards.

"Most of them are sick." He replied. "And some of them are out doing other jobs."

Jesse nodded and we went in. I looked at these real humans and saw an obvious difference. There were more expressions than metal could hope to reproduce. Small things. Little things. But still emotions. Emotions of real humans.

Jesse, Riley, and I walked to our room. Our room turned out having one wall missing and the paint all gone from the remaining walls.

"Lovely." I said.

"This isn't-" Jesse looked around. "Skynet. You have to get used to a lack of luxury."

"Yeah, it isn't." I replied. "But I'm glad for that. So why did you two get together?"

This was a topic I knew would make them comfortable. And that, in turn, would make me comfortable. I saw Jesse smile which scared me in some way.

"Well, Riley has a great shyness to her." She said and Riley blushed. "Plus her courage is second to none. You saw what she did to capture you."

I nodded. That was a memory I'd rather forget.

"Jesse is the only one I felt really comfortable with." Riley took Jesse's hand into hers.

Jesse squeezed Riley's hand and said, "Besides, there's been no man in my life that I cared for."
----------------
The Eternal Heart Blog aka The Wars Against Skynet

No comments:

Post a Comment