Friday, May 9, 2014

Tobias and Me 7


I can hear! Cat shouted.

For the past five minutes Cat had been pointing out everything she could hear and do while being a hawk. I felt like I was being complimented and that was one of the reasons that I was allowing her to continue. The other was that it would be rude to tell her to stop.

This was her first time really exploring a morph and she should revel in it. It wouldn’t be like that every time she morphed, after all. Some morphs were horrifying and other times there wasn’t enough time to take delight in different morphs.

Cat had mentioned the fact that she could hear better a couple of times and I didn’t blame her.

I’m sure some of the others will tell you morphs that have better hearing than a red-tailed hawk. I told her. I prefer my hawk morph above everything else.

I don’t blame you for liking this hawk morph. Cat said.

Thank you. I replied as I couldn’t think of what else to say.

While I was paying attention to Cat, I still looked down at the ground. The alien landscape was amazing, to say the least. It was breathtaking to realize that I was flying over an alien landscape. Of course the fact was that I still had to figure out how to get back to Earth. I needed to get back home so I could continue the fight and to make sure that Cat also got back home.

Where did you live before you got abducted? I asked Cat.

England. Cat said. Wasn’t a Hork-Bajir the morph you were in when you met me?

Before I could ask her why she wanted that confirmed I saw a group of Hork-Bajir. They looked like they were on patrol more than that they were trying to find us. Maybe the Yeerks didn’t find me that important or there were others out to get me.

Probably the latter.

Yes, those are Hork-Bajir. I told her. Probably scouts.

So that means we’re close to the base? She asked.

And our way home.

I was happy. Finally the way back was looking clearer. I’d still need to figure out the right co-ordinates but I think I had a better idea of the controls of a Bug fighter now. If I didn’t, we would hopefully arrive back home before the Yeerks completed their invasion of Earth.

Do you think I could acquire one? Cat asked. If you don’t have a hang up about the whole intelligence thing.

I don’t have any problem with you acquiring one. The Hork-Bajir I acquired gave me permission. But any Hork-Bajir here will be a Controller so you don’t have that option. Plus sneaking in and fighting will be much easier while being a Hork-Bajir.

Won’t any of your friends disagree?

Cassie, maybe, but the others won’t get mad. Or at least they won’t show me that they’re mad.

So how do I go about acquiring one?

I had to think. Cat acquiring one was a necessity now since a Hork-Bajir wouldn’t look out of place at a Yeerk base. Plus the fact that if Cat decided she wanted to fight the Yeerks on Earth then that would be a good battle morph. If she didn’t worry about Hork-Bajir being intelligent, she would find the morph very useful.

Hell, if she decided she wanted to use fire arms she could. She could become more of a danger than Rachel in her grizzly bear morph. Not that any of us would tell Rachel that if Cat became that good.

We need to draw one away from the group. I replied. But that would mean that there would be a time where you would be vulnerable and they would see that you have the morphing power.

I didn’t go on to say that if the Yeerks saw one human with the ability to morph that they might assume the Andalite bandits weren’t all Andalites.

Which one? Cat asked.

I don’t know. It will be whichever one doesn’t stay with the group. I replied.

So it will be random.

Yeah.

But it will be worth getting the morph, right? Cat asked after a long pause.

Yes. I said.
------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment