Saturday, May 31, 2014

Hannibal (Season 2)



Show: Hannibal

Season: 2

Episodes: 13

Created By: Bryan Fuller

Based on the Books By: Thomas Harris

Released: 2014

Rating: 6/6

Basic Plot: Explores the early relationship between the renowned psychiatrist and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler, who is haunted by his ability to empathize with serial killers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canon Characters Can Die
In this season it's shown that canon characters (aka characters from the Thomas Harris books) can die before they're supposed to. I think that is one of the most evil genius things a person can do. It makes it so that you can't say that this character or that character will be safe until a certain time. It makes you really worried from week to week. This is, by far, one of the best things about this season. I just love it when you don't know who is going to die.

Will Takes the Upper Hand
All of last Season Will was reacting and trying to figure out who the killer was. This Season he knows and does his best to get Hannibal arrested. Of course things aren't simple, but they never are in these kinds of shows. It is refreshing and interesting to see a different Will that appears to go dark. I like how this Season didn't just give us the same Will from the first Season.

Jack Crawford's Intelligence
Throughout the majority of this Season, Jack appears to be dimwitted. I admit that his actions at the end of last Season made me hate him this Season even more. There were so many times during this Season where I wanted to smack some sense into him. When he arrests a vegetarian I was facepalming so hard. By the end of this Season I at least had respect for him.

Final Thoughts
The love and respect I have for this show is too much to put into words. I admire the people behind and in front of the camera (and some of the people's behinds that are in front of the camera). This show could've easily been another cliche killer show with only the name 'Hannibal' tying it in to Thomas Harris' book. This Season continues to amaze me with the cinematography, acting, and music among everything else. We get to see some characters we thought we would never see again and an amazing Season Finale. There are around two scenes that I consider the most gut wrenching of the series so far. I'll let you discover those on your own. This is not a show for everyone and if you get nauseous easily I wouldn't recommend this show to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment