Friday, May 2, 2014

Matt Smith in Terminator: Genesis

While I am not looking forward to Terminator: Genesis, that doesn't mean now and again news about it will intrigue me. I am always going to be hopeful, until I see the film myself, that it'll actually be good. I don't want it to be bad, but I feel it's heading that way.

One bit of news has made me more interested in going to theaters to see the film. That bit of news is that Matt Smith is going to be joining the cast of the reboot. Yes, Matt Smit is going to be in yet another series featuring time-travel.
My Doctor is 9, aka Christopher Eccleston, but Smith's Doctor in Doctor Who was the first one I kept up with. Each week I'd be waiting to see what happened. So when I heard the news that Smith was going to be in Terminator: Genesis I had, and still do have, mixed feelings about it.

On one hand I am going to see what Smith can do outside of Doctor Who. Whenever I read an author like Timothy Zahn who is most famous for his Star Wars novels, I read something non-Star Wars (aka series/work in question) related to see if Zahn (aka author in question) really is a good author. Same thing I like to do with actors. I like to see if I just like their one role or their acting abilities as a whole. With Terminator: Genesis I'll be able to more fully judge Matt Smith.

But on the other hand, Matt Smith will be in Terminator: Genesis. It's a film I don't have much faith in and now my sorry ass will be rushing towards the theater when it comes out. Hell, I don't know if I can calm my fangirl heart down enough to not just run out to the theaters now.

Matt Smith's exact role isn't know yet. What is known is that he'll be playing a character that is close to John Connor.

No comments:

Post a Comment