Thursday, January 19, 2012

S&N: Little Dancer 4

Note: NAZILLA IS A WOMAN!



I didn't know how to reply to Glau now. I wanted to rush out, knock her out, but damage had already been done. She looked at me and knew she held me in her hands. What was strange was that she doesn't have a cruel look on her face but one of surprise. A new emotion that wasn't there before.


"Just tell me what you want, Glau." I said without emotion in my voice. I didn't want to change her mind with anger, because I felt that would destroy her fragile mind.


Glau started to blush and I realized where this might be going. "You go out with me to lunch, Nazilla, and I won't tell anyone you were here today." She said and I felt relief. Just lunch. Nothing too big and I might be able to get information out of her.


"Yes." I replied simply. Just that one word. I tried to give that one word a tone of hopefulness to make sure Glau kept her word.


The next few minutes were full of making plans of where this lunch would be. The lunch that could lead Samara and I closer to defeating The Net. Minor, yes, but something to do. Something that I could do to feel like I was helping. A very human emotion, but one I didn't mind feeling.


When I walked out to Samara, I felt like I had accomplished something. Not much, less than nothing, but more than I had done in three years.


As soon as I got into the car, Samara asked me, "What did you find out?"


"There is a high likelihood that Playful Ballet is connected to The Net." I said and added, when we pulled out of the parking lot, "I have a contact that I will meet for lunch tomorrow."


"Who is this contact?" Her voice was now suspcious and any form of worry was gone from her body.


"Your old girlfriend: Glau."


"You're not going." Samara's voice gave more certainity than any Machine I had ever met.


"It's our best chance to not get caught and get a contact inside." I replied.


"She asked to go out lunch with you. To lunch!"


"Of course. It is low key."


"You're still human enough to know that she is trying to get you."


"The only way a relationship could form between us is if I let my emotions stray from you." I said and put a hand on Samara's shoulder and massaged it. I didn't stop until she relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment