Thursday, January 5, 2012

American Horror Story Season 1 (2011)

Show: American Horror Story

Season: 1

Episodes: 12

Developed By: Robert Rodat

Released: 2011

Personal Rating: 2.5/5

Addictive Rating: 6/5

Basic Plot: The Harmons move into a house and shit goes down.

Young Moira
This is the reason I think some people (not me for sure) watched. While the Old Moira is wise, Young Moira is hot. Dressed in a French Maid outfit and...oh yeah. Her memorable scenes are short but...very relieving of stress. I am sad that she won't be in Season 2 (since each season will be a reboot). Er...not because she's drop dead gorgeous but because she's a very interesting character. With two great parts.

Too Many Questions
Holy fuck there are so many damn questions. You go through the good majority of the season not knowing what the hell is going on and then, by the end, it doesn't matter anyways. However, I was still watching it every week while asking myself why I was torturing myself. I must admit, though, by the end a good majority of questions were answered. I just wished there would've been more answers then questions throughout the entire season.

Tate and Violet
Tate and Violet have a great relationship throughout this season. Tate is a great character in that he's a murdering psychopath but has a very caring side. Violet is attracted to this and throughout all she learns about him she sticks by his side. The deal breaker, though, is when Violet finds out that Tate raped her mother. How their relationship goes after that is very realistic, though heartbreaking all the same. This is a very serious reason I don't want the cast for this season to be thrown away.

Final Thoughts
This is a horrible show that I can't stop watching. I really wish I could. I really wish I could walk away and not be into this show. A lot (read: 99.9%) depends a lot on shock value. In other words: for you to not know what's going on. This is okay when you're beginning but not answering questions is more annoying as time goes on. And the guy saying he didn't make rules for the ghosts? What the hell does that mean? So a final warning: Don't start to watch this series and save yourself! Once you start you can never stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment