Monday, January 16, 2012

Does "Back to Where You've Never Been" Excuse Fringe?

One of the big problems with Fringe Season 4 has been...well...nearly the entire season. It doesn't seem to connect with the rest of the Fringe series. So does this opening of the second half of Season 4 (which was originally supposed to be the mid-season finale) excuse the previous episodes of Season 4?

I'll start off with this: This was an excellent episode. This is the first episode of this season (after Peter returned) that really made me care. That pushed all the right buttons in all the right ways (except for John Noble, plays Walter Bishop, in nothing but a green apron). Things are revealed that only have any impact when you have the information from the previous episodes.

So does "Back to Where You've Never Been" excuse Fringe for the first half of Season 4? I'm saying it doesn't. It's on the right track, don't get me wrong about that, but until Season 4 ends I'm not going to pass final judgment.

This is for the sole reason that I am still fearful that this Season will mean jack shit by the end. Though with this episode I'm a little more reassured that Season 4 will mean something by the end.

Of course one part of the episode I liked the best was Peter Bishop's mother saying there might be more than two universes (which I had guessed was going to be a factor in this season).

No comments:

Post a Comment