Saturday, January 14, 2012

S&N: Little Dancer 3

Note: NAZILLA IS A WOMAN!



I felt guilty about leaving Samara out there alone to worry about me. And I wondered if The Net would capture her while she was waiting for me. But that was a worry a human would think about until the mission was over. I had thought about the likelihood and quickly decided that it wouldn't happen.


Besides, I had to focus most of my attention on finding anything related to The Net. After five minutes I was in an office that must have been for the technical crew. The crew that ran the things behind the scenes so that the members of Playful Ballet could put on a good show.


On one desk there was a computer that was full of a normal person's office things. However, it was lacking any personal effects. From what I knew of office people, they liked to mark their territory. They liked to have pictures of their families and little knicknacks that are important to them littering their desks. This desk, however, didn't have any of that.


On the walls of the room were generic motivational posters. More generic than any I had ever seen before. Suspicious, but the desk was more of a warning sign than the posters. Walking around the room I saw equipment that was powered by things like M-1s, but not the same thing. I walked back to the desk.


My scanners detected something giving off an odd signal from beneath the desk. I went down on my knees and crawled under. Where a part of the desk comes out, that the keyboard is situated on, I see a strange marking. I start to scan it since I realize it's where the unusual signal is coming from.


"Nazilla, is that you?" A voice says to me. If I were still human I would've banged my head on the desk before I was able to turn around and look at the person. But, as an M-4, I could tell that the voice was a female and then I turned to look at her.


I started to scan her with the normal scanners I have, but they didn't work. It was as though Glau's, who I easily identified, was hidden in a shroud of mystery. As though she was so mysterious that her mere presence could not be taken in by mere scanners. That nothing The Net could think up could ever identify her.


But I knew that wasn't logical. It was likely that she had injected Scam into her system. Scam was usually used to hide that someone was a Machine from scanners. But Glau's facial reactions seemed too human. Of course she could be an M-3 or M-4. But Glau's confusion and fear weren't anything an M-3, who would want me to be comforted, would allow to break through their face.


"I'm not Nazilla. I'm Sammantha. I'm the new cleaning lady." I told Glau. "Who are you?"


Glau laughs. "Why are you lying, Nazilla?" She asks. "You're Samara's new girlfriend. How is she?"

No comments:

Post a Comment