Monday, January 30, 2012

S&N: Little Dancer 6

Note: NAZILLA IS A WOMAN!



I couldn't describe my feelings about what had happened to Samara during the ambush. Mainly because some of the emotions were too new to me, even after three years of being an M-4, that I didn't know what I was experiencing. I hoped having to patch up Samara's wounds would take all of my concentration for now. But that couldn't happen since I could think about many things at once.


Every little twitch of pain she made reminded me that I didn't know how to fight with humans. Machines could handle a lot and didn't need to concern themselves with their comrades. With humans, though, you had to be much more concerned with their health since they weren't as durable. Though that wasn't really the full and correct explanation.


"Don't you remember how we used to fight? How you didn't harm me with your attacks?" Samara asked while she sat on the couch in her living room.


"In a part of my memory, yes." I told her. "But, when I took orders from The Net, I got used to fighting using a program. The program has preprogrammed settings, that I can adjust, but is there so I don't have to put too much effort into fighting."


"So you don't have to think. So you can harm without worry."


I wanted to reply against this, but I knew that she was right. I could argue against it, but everything returned to the same thing: The Net didn't worry about losing property since they could manafacture more Machines. So they made a Machine's fighting program reflect that fact. I was still controlled by The Net even after I had escaped.


"I updated the program." I said as I finished patching her up.


"But we have another problem." Samara said and I nodded. "We have to tell Karma HQ about Playful Ballet."


"It's a danger to humanity." I said. "But then you'll also have to tell Karma about me. And they won't take kindly to me. We won't be able to hide the fact that I'm an M-4 to the end of the war with The Net."


"I will protect you, Naz, don't worry." I wish I could take her comfort. But that wasn't logical.


"I don't think you can without being kicked out of Karma." I said. Samara knew what that meant. No one got out of Karma, as a traitor, alive.


"That won't happen. I'll have someone confirm that you are safe." Samara said and I realized I couldn't ask for more. Not even me running away would protect her.


We embraced each other and took comfort in each other. Me in her warm body and her in my cold skin. After a few minutes of the embrace Samara looked me in the eyes. She seemed worried.


"What is it, Sam?" I asked.


"Do you love Glau?" She replied.


I shook my head. "I only am attracted to her mystery. And, when that mystery is revealed, my interest in her will be gone. The only one I want to be with is you. And if I ever lose you again I won't be alive."


Samara smiled sadly. "But part of you does want to be with her. Even though we know that Glau set you up. She tried to kill you."


I shook my head. "She didn't try to kill me or you. Somehow, someone got Glau to tell them that information. I don't think she has it in her to be evil. Some people can't be evil, or bad, no matter how hard they try."


"She didn't join Karma."


"That doesn't mean she'd work for The Net. Just because you aren't in Karma doesn't mean you're less than human." I replied and there was silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment