Tuesday, January 24, 2012

S&N: Little Dancer 5

Note: NAZILLA IS A WOMAN!



There is only one person in the world I trust now. Turning my head slightly I could see her in all her glory. Unlike Glau, the beauty in her was how much I knew about her. That person was Samara Crichton. She had put the jealousy behind her, at least for the moment, so that I could have a backup when I met with Glau today.


It had been a long and hard argument, but we had finally reached an agreement. The fact that the restaurant was a hole in the wall, so wasn't that noticeable to most of the public, made Samara uneasy enough to be my backup.


She stopped before the alley. "I will come get you if I think there is even a hint of danger."


I looked at her and made my mouth form a smirk. "I am much stronger now. I will be fine." Leaning my face towards her, she comforted herself with my kiss to her.


As I walked to the restaurant I went over where my weapons were. The sound was nearly silent but I was more than alerted to an ambush. Raising my gun I shot at an M-2 and my shot was echoed by Samara's gun. I put all human emotions aside and went into attack mode.


I shot at an M-2's battery, that had become visible due to previous shots to it, and the resulting explosion affected all those near it.


"I'm still human!" Samara yelled and I spent a second to notice she was recovering from the blast. I then put her human weaknesses information as a higher priority. My Machine side just cared about the victory of a mission.


An M-3, having the skin of a black man, knocked the gun out of my hand and pushed me down. I heard gunshots from where Samara had been, but I couldn't help her now. Once I was down on my back I kicked the M-3 in the stomach and it went back a few feet into a wall.


As it recovered and came towards me, I picked up my gun and shot its head. The M-3 then fell back and shut down. It shut down forever. After that I didn't take too much notice of what I was shooting at, as long as it was a Machine I made it shut down forever.


I heard Samara yell out in pain and I rushed towards her. All but one Machine had been destroyed. Scanning it, I couldn't figure out what kind it was. It had human skin on it, but it didn't show up as an M-3 or an M-4. Once I shoot at it, though, my scanners identified it as an M-3. Must have had Scram in its system. Or some new technology.


None of my bullets hit it, but I got my chance to get to Samara and carry her away. Looking back I saw the M-3 just standing there. Its companions were dead so I shouldn't have been surprised that it didn't chase us.


Samara's fitful breathing distracted me from thinking anymore about it and I ran.

No comments:

Post a Comment