Saturday, December 17, 2016

Crossing the Divide 25

"Do you really trust them?" Alex asked as I entered our tent after making camp for the night.

"We have no choice right now." I reminded him. "If they remain friendly to us they could provide a good guard force for the base. They know this area and if we give them reason to protect us, I am sure they will."

I listened to the wind beat against our tent. The islanders had lead us to the top of a very large hill. The odd wildlife was easy to spot and we could see for miles. This was helped by the fact that there were no longer trees or other foliage. Not in great amounts at least. Walking on the island I had seen the odd bush and flower, but nothing substantial. I wondered how these people had survived for so long here.

"You shouldn't have come here." Alex said, putting his hand under my shirt and resting it on my belly. "If they try to hurt you, they could end up killing Eve."

"You weren't just shooting that man because you were afraid for yourself, were you?" I asked him as I lay down. "You were doing it for her."

My husband was silent as he lay beside me while still keeping his hand on my stomach. For a few minutes I didn't think he was going to answer at all. The air was quickly getting cold and so his hand started to feel very warm on me.

"It's still strange for me to think of putting others above myself." Alex finally said. "The moment I first met you I knew you were different, I just didn't know what that meant. I didn't know how not having you by my side would affect me. I'm protecting the other Mormonts because that's the only way I can keep you. Our daughter...I'm not just protecting her to keep you. I'm protecting her because she's as important to me as you."

"Our daughter." I said with a smile on my face. "Eve."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment