Thursday, December 1, 2016

Crossing the Divide 19

As he walked away happier than before, I heard familiar footsteps coming behind me. I hadn't been avoiding him, but being a leader meant you couldn't spend the time with people you wanted to. I always saw Alex as we shared the same bed, but Chris Redfield was different. We worked in separate areas and I had the farming mission to deal with.

"What did you tell him?" Chris asked.

"That I was sending him to be closer to his wife." I replied.

"And is that the real reason?"

"He seems to be harboring thoughts that would cause problems for the Mormonts. He has hatred in his heart and if that is allowed to fester he will turn on me. I don't hate the woman he hates with as much wrath as he does."

I didn't tell Chris but I knew if one or two men were angry, there would be more. The best I could do was placate them in ways that seemed I was being selfless. In reality, though, I would be keeping them away from causing too much damage before they could see reason again. At Eden that man could cause serious damage while at an outpost the damage would be minimal. He might not notice the manipulation or maybe he wouldn't care once he had arrived.

"I haven't seen you much." Chris said, longing hidden deep in his voice.

"Ruling the Mormonts doesn't give me much time to talk with friends." I admitted. "Anytime I can find rest I use it. I might spar with Khaleesi but we've known each other since my mission started. Plus training with her helps keep me prepared for the real fight."

"Besides the nineteen you brought back from Nymeria Base, are you considering anyone else?"

"You're asking me if I'm considering you."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment